Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Love


This morning, reading the book of Ephesians, I came upon this huge concept . . . Paul tells the Ephesians that he hopes they will have the power to understand how wide and long and high and deep is the LOVE of Christ. Wide makes me think of a big river. Most of my mind images of rivers are smaller, so imagining a river so wide that I cannot see the other side is thrilling. Deep makes me think of the Pacific, specifically of British Columbia where I water skied behind a fast boat, fell and bobbed back up to the surface, sensing the depths of such a huge body of water. High reminds me of the million dollar highway (I think that's what it's called) on the way to Durango, Colorado (lots of drop offs!) and the Pacific Coast highway in California. We drove it in a rented convertible and I shivered as I quickly glanced over the edge! Long reminds me of driving to Eastern Washington many times as a child AND as a young adult. We looked ahead to see more road, mirages, and I fought boredom as I viewed the endless route to Pullman or Spokane. But, then to think of the universe . . . our Creator, our Savior, the Holy Spirit encompasses its entirety. THAT kind of love lives in my little pink heart. Wow.

No comments:

Followers