Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mr. Bubble


First off, the hotel we stayed in was lovely. Bill was so sweet to make sure it had a big bath tub. When I cleaned houses (before I went back to school to get my degree and my teaching license) I vowed NEVER to succumb to the temptation of a soaking bath tub with jets, because cleaning one is NOT fun. I WAS thinner then, but climbing around squirting and scrubbing, wiping and shinning was hard. So, I felt quite queenly having a bubble bath this morning. First mistake: too much bubble bath. Bubbles piled up fast! I worried that I was going to flood the big, fancy bathroom! Oh no! Second mistake: water waaaaaaay too hot. So I carefully got in, bubbles sticking to my hair, and tried to relax. I did not sleep very well (too much Diet Coke and too many Sour Patch Kids at the movie) so the hot bath made me feel sick and nauseated and I had to don that fancy towel robe and lie on the bed a while to recover. So, as fun as it is to bathe in luxury, I liked coming home to toast and jam, cutting and pasting in my journal, and a good dig out in the garden. Now I am as grubby as can be and I really need a bath, but the shower sounds MUCH better after that scary, bubbly soak I had this morning.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi! It is so nice to "meet" you! Thank you for your kind comments left on my blog.

I finished my degree later in life, also. I only taught three years due to some health problems. I am enjoying being at home now but still miss teaching on occasion.

We are certainly much alike! We seem to enjoy the same things and have a lot in common!

I love your blog! It is very bright and cheerful. Your family is beautiful, and God has, indeed, blessed you greatly!

I look forward to getting to know you. May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Andrea

Bradley W. Maston said...

I'm glad you survived the adventures in luxury!

Anonymous said...

How funny! I'll think twice the next time I envy a hot bubble bath. At my age, I bathe in Epson Salts when I take a bath!

Followers