Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Miracle of Connection


Hello Dear Ones! I just realized that my 100th post was my prayers for my readers! I didn't plan it that way, it simply happened. What a faith builder. I find that people are connected in an astounding way. Just today, I read a blog called The Hermit of the Southern March http://memgirl.blogspot.com/ where she told of her lovely Shepherd's Pie recipe using eggplant and then I went to How to Peel an Orange http://howtopeelanorange.blogspot.com/ and read of yet another Shepherd's Pie recipe. Now don't you think this is MORE than a coincidence? I think our connections with others are beyond us and when we discover them, we KNOW that we are meant to feel an awakening and I like the way that feels! I love to read blogs (I am amazed at HOW MANY there are!) and I find my spirit rises when I read something that touches my heart or encourages my creativity. I've always been a magazine addict due to my love of pretty images, but now I feel like reading your blogs makes magazines pale in comparison! Andrea's blog (A Parson's Wife)
often moves my heart and just a few days ago, she and I read the same passage in the gospel of Mark! That is not a coincidence. It's a small miracle! Another connection that blesses my heart has to do with flowers. Paper Napkin Poetry by LibbyQ posts photos of flowers that remind me of another favorite blog I love called Real Cut Flowers and both these flowery spots on the WWW inspire me to look at my own garden through the lens of my camera. Then, with Bill in New Zealand, I somehow end up on lovely blogs written by the poetic New Zealanders! A few of those are: Gillybean who also posts amazing photos of flowers and other wonders of nature and Heartfelt who has a cool looking blog (different) and also gives New Zealand insights. Then I found two young people (well, younger than ME!) who both write elegant book reviews! You may want to visit This Week at the Library AND The Readers Book Blog. I found one through the other and I am so, encouraged by both of their writing brilliance and their ability to use critical thinking so efficiently. It does my teacher heart (now on vacation, sort of) such good! They are both humble writers. Our two sons and two daughters all have blogs, too. Three of my nieces and one of my sisters have blogs so reading blogs and responding has become a fun family affair. But back to connections, I am THANKFUL that everyday I notice a connection between ideas and loves and I GROW, in spite of my lack of attention to detail and my tendency to state the obvious! Ha ha! Oh, before I forget, I'd like you to see some of Jeff's (www.thewindsweptsky.com) thought provoking photos from around the world on his blog. When I first started out exploring this amazing medium of blogging, I found Eyes of Wonder and that did it for me. This beautiful woman named Jewels writes like a best friend and her photo journaling completely drew me in. She doesn't post very often as of late, but if you simply want an inspiring glimpse of "a lovely life" go there and gaze upon her artistry. There are so many incredible people in the world and as much as I am drawn to the simple and old ways, I LOVE the window that technology opens for us to connect to each other and learn so many new things. Occasionally, you'll find me sharing blog discoveries with you and I am SURE that they will sometimes look familiar because that's the sweet and holy way of connection.
Oh, I've been adjusting the comment feature. It seems the fastest way to comment is to click on comments at the bottom of the post. I find your thoughts one of the extreme highlights of my day. Thank you for sharing!

6 comments:

The Mud Spattered Man said...

You remind me of Stephen Baldwin, when he said that there is no such thing as coincidences, only Jesus-incidences. He got much wiser after bio-dome.

Ruth @ Camellia Rose said...

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog! I've had a great time visiting your blog in return :) Thanks for the links in this post - it's so much fun to spend an afternoon hopping from one blog to another :) See you around!

Elizabethd said...

As you know, I love Jewels' blog.it makes me feel very humble to read her words.
There is something extraordinary about the virtual relationships we make, how one in particular will seem to call to us.

Funkymonkey said...

Congratulations on reaching your 100th post. I'm really pleased you liked Kate Rusby. She is one of our best folk singers and has such a beautiful voice.

Tracey

Bradley W. Maston said...

I'm a big fan of small miracles. Much like fairies, you really have to be watching to see them.

libbyquilter said...

thank you Pom Pom for your sweet mention of my blog and let me say that i always enjoy my visits to your very gracious blog. it's often just the breath of fresh air that i need and always brings a smile as well as further connection with other wonderful bloggers. i, like you, have replaced my magazine addiction with a blog visiting one and find it far more satisfying in it's capapcity to inpire me on a daily basis~!~ there really are some gems out there and i can hardly wait to drop in on some of the others mentioned in your post~!~

:)
libbyQ

Followers