Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Feet Up


After eating my veggie burger dinner (not yummy) I have to put my feet up. I'm really tired.

It's still too summery to go to bed at 6:50 - even though I want to.

Soon I look at the night. It's singing its lullaby.





We neither get better or worse as we get older, but more like ourselves.
~ Robert Anthony
You don't stop laughing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop laughing.
~ Michael Pritchard

Yes, right now I am feeling sort of old. My neck makes creaky noises. My feet hurt because my shoes are too heavy. My hair is thinning. My hands are wrinkly and freckled. Like I said, the night is "young" and I want to go to bed.
But, I really don't want to be young again. It was hard work, too. I'm smarter now. I'm closer to well-adjusted than I used to be. Now, if only I could think of something funny to laugh at.
Good night to the old lady whispering, "Hush." (Good Night Moon)

10 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

Good night, Pom Pom....zzzzzz..

Marcie said...

Hope you got some rest. You need blackout shades, so you can go lay down and pretend it is already night! *grin*

I hope this day is wonderful for you. I personally will spend the day cleaning a "much piled up" master bedroom. It is expected to rain all day, so that will give me something productive to do with my day.

Elizabethd said...

Sleep well, rest well.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

It's such a hard trade-off--knees that work versus the wisdom of age! I think I'll opt for wisdom, especially given that I have no choice. I'm much happier now than when I was young, even if I have twice the chins!

frances

libbyquilter said...

oh~!~ you DO normal shoes~!~

;-)
libbyQ

take care of yourself as you adjust to the new scedule~!~

Lisa Richards said...

Glad you are feeling inspired about school! Enjoy putting your feet up in the evening and watching the beautiful sunsets.

I'm going out for a walk. My hubby will be riding a bike. It's my day off, so my feet are not too sore. I need to use up calories!

Shalom!

Heart Felt said...

Take it easy and look after yourself, we are all recovering from colds this week. xx

Gigi said...

Awwww, you sound weary my friend. That first week of school can surely be exhausting. Hope you have a long, slow, leisurely, restful weekend.
Bless you,
G

Bradley W. Maston said...

Enjoy your weekend my loverly mommykins. Thank you for growing so gracefully!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi Pom Pom

I do hope by the time you are reading this that you are feeling "more perky"

I say what's the harm in going to bed at 6.50 if that's what you feel like doing? Maybe a milky drink, a good wholesome book ... drifting off ...

topping up those zzzzzzz and waking up refreshed to bounce around another day ...

Sending you a great big hug
xx

Followers