Monday, October 12, 2009

Smiles
























"If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don't be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning 'Good morning' at total strangers." Maya Angelou

Isn't this a great quote? Do you like my smiles above? My mom has a beautiful smile (on top! ) and I have always thought her lips were beautiful and her teeth so even and pretty. She is a smiler and a good laugher, too!
I cherish our kids smiles and the grands give smiles freely, so I love to snap those!
Last, I love Bill's happy smile! It's the first thing I noticed about him, over thirty years ago when I first spied him my freshman year of college! So cute!
I'm going to try to remember to smile at the kids today. I feel sort of Monday-ish. It's Fashion Disaster Day at school. I think I'll just wear my normal stuff - it'll work!
Sometimes when I stand in the hall to greet kids in the morning, I'll say, "Hi so and so!" and they are so exhausted from puberty that I'll hear a "Good morning, Mrs. M." when they are on ten steps past me - delayed reactions! But I encourage you to share countless smiles today. Deliver them to the hearts of those you love. SMILE!

12 comments:

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Great quotes, lovely world you have! Blessings dear one.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi Pom Pom

If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours

I love to smile at complete strangers, it forces them out of their comfort zone and I always get one back!!!

I have really special smiles for my special people though - here's one for you :o) :o) :o)


Byeeeeeeee
Love
Carolyn

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Wonderful pictures!

I saw Toni Morrison years ago on Oprah, and she talked about how she always greeted her children joyfully when they walked into the room. The Maya Angelou quote reminded me. I've always tried to practice that as well.
(Sometimes I forget.)

frances

Gigi said...

Oooo yes, smiles -- love 'em, need 'em! When we went to France a couple of years ago, someone told us not to smile at everyone so much -- considered dopey. Here's to dopey ;-)!
Blessings,
G

The dB family said...

Love the smiles! And the quote too! Hope you had a great Monday!

Blessings!
Deborah

SuKnitWitty said...

I Be Smilin! Yep, there's a good one for you on SuKnitWitty...go get it! I think I've always SmiledAlot. When I was little I used to think if I smiled alot I'd get a dimple on my left cheek to match the one my right cheek...on my face! My sister had em on both cheeks...of her face! Did you ever hear of just 'A OneCheek Dimple'? I bet you're Smilin! It's true...I have one dimple...on my face!

Bradley W. Maston said...

Great Smiles! Good day to get some smiles! Thank you!

libbyquilter said...

so many bright smiles in your world and so smart of you to appreciate them~!!~

the Maya Angelou quote is a very good one to remember and i think i'll write it down in my quote notebook~!~ thank you for sharing the smiles in your life as well as the good advice.

:)
libbyQ

:)
libbyQ

Baley Petersen said...

Those are definitely some wonderful smiles! ;)

Heart Felt said...

What a lovely posting. xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely smiley post! You are surrounded by beautiful smiles!

Blessings,
Sharon

Scrappy quilter said...

Awe what wonderful smiles.

Followers