Saturday, April 30, 2011

Colors


Brrrrrrrrrrr! It's cold in Colorado tonight! There was snow on the ground when I woke up this morning. My friend Sara from lovely California sent me five perfect avocados from her very own tree. It's guacamole for us tomorrow!
It's an adjustment for Bill, this cold. He just returned from Kenya. I had said earlier that he was going to Uganda. Turns out it was Kenya all along. Ooooops. He met with some amazing pastors in Nairobi. I'm glad he's home safe!

I found some old drawings in a journal. I like this little girl, do you?

Sometimes I can draw bears. This bear comes bearing cake!

Here's a slice for you!

I have so much going on in my little brain that I have to read aloud to myself so I can REALLY consider what I'm reading. So, a little reading about the English language and then a dip into The House at Pooh Corner for a chaser! I'm also reading The Scent of Water by Elizabeth Goudge. Thank you, Frances!

I'm still knitting a sweater for Millie. I'm a smidge stumped and I'm waiting for my knitting light bulb to go on so I can knit on with confidence!

When I'm sitting on the sofa watching news, I look over at this big granny square and THINK about getting up and bringing it to my sitting spot. I'm not good at multi-tasking.

I ordered The Collected Works of Louisa May Alcott, Jane Austen: The Complete Collection, and The Collected Works of Frances Hodgson Burnett for my Kindle (less than five dollars - BARGAIN!) Delicious reading added to the mile high stack! I think Kindles are very handy. I like real books better.
I decided I need a few things when I go shopping: a better bedside reading lamp, an electric pencil sharpener for my colored pencils, a humidifier, a haircut, a bigger paperback dictionary so I can mark it up, and different bird seed because the squirrels are making a huge mess with the black sunflower seeds! What do you need when you go shopping?
Even though it snowed, my peonies are pushing their way up! Hooray! Five more weeks until my summer starts, even if it's snowing now.

I'm very sad about all the bad weather in America right now. God bless the people who are suffering, the families who have lost loved ones, and the clean up crews. It's heartbreaking.
I wish you a calm day. Sometimes there is no tangible reason for us to feel peaceful and serene. That's the Comforter. He works miracles in the human heart.


13 comments:

libbyquilter said...

it's been snow showers for us here too . . . but i know spring will eventually get here.

three cheers for Pooh Bear~!!!~

:-)
libbyQ

Elderberry-Rob said...

hi Pom Pom, sorry you and Bill are so chilly - I have been to Nairobi, Kenya - it's so exciting - shame you weren't there too - the markets are really colourful, they make beautiful basketwear and the people so very friendly and welcoming and curious. So much husslel and bussle and of course fabulous coffee. I have happy memories of visiting the elephant orphanage in Nairobi in the safari park. We have sunshine and spring in the UK but no rain - my allottment is all cracked and dry. Shopping this week? yes, I will be searching out car boot sales for bargains as have just gone on to an emergency budget and need to be very resourceful! Bettyx

Catherine said...

How delightful to receive such gorgeous avocados. I LOVE the wonderful colour burst of your blog just now..like peonies bursting through snow : ) ok, well not quite, because peonies don't generally come in orange & yellow. Yes, that would be a great deal chillier than Kenya. My Rob was born in Nairobi, he (7) & his British family emigrated to New Zealand at the time of the Mau mau uprising. Love those crayons earlier...sniff, sniff. Much love Catherine x

magsmcc said...

I need a haircut for Jo, a brush for the boys' hair full stop, more Dove summer skin DIY colour stuff!, a good Christian book, and right this minute we need to go buy lots of sweets and candy sticks to decorate our cake train for its first outing!!

Charlotte said...

Sorry for the snow, we have sunshine and beautiful weather here in SC. I'm glad to hear someone else has a stack of books to read. I agree with you about reading an actual book and not an electronic device.

Leslie said...

I need to shop for some black sandals that are comfy for walking. And we need dog food. Lovely avocados!

*❀* said...

your posts are so sweet

i love the illustrations :o)

wishing you a lovely, warm and happy month of May xxx

hugs

millie

April said...

Mompom, I think you should be a children's book illustrator. I love your drawings. Brad said he is going to write a book for you to illustrate! I would love to decorate our next baby's room with your drawings. Maybe you could do some in advance and Jeff could make some rustic looking frames.:) Love you!

Kerri said...

I love your drawings! The bear looks so friendly and sweet. I'm very sad about the terrible weather in America too. I really don't know how people manage to go on x

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I got some of the things I need today--a new quilting marker and stencil chalk, and a new purse. I'm going to Chicago on Wednesday, and I couldn't go without a new purse!

I like your drawings very much.

I just realized the only book I've read by LMA is Little Women. However, I have read it around one hundred times. Let me know if there's another one I should read, and I'll get to it right after I finish The Wind in the Willows!

xofrances

Gumbo Lily said...

I really like your drawings. Always have. I think the little girl with the heart would be a cute embroidered softie doll.

I loved The Scent of Water and I hope you do too. It was one of those magical books.

I went to the store recently and needed to buy a new iron, duct tape, and some Burt's Bees lip balm (in the little tin). I did lots of grocery shopping, but these were my odd items.

Prayers for those who suffer.

Jody

GretchenJoanna said...

Thanks for sharing the drawings...they are very appealing. They're also easy to look at, while the green comments on pink background are a struggle for my old eyes. Well worth the struggle, tho.

I love to hear what you are reading, though it might be even more satisfying if I would follow your good example.

The dB family said...

That quote is perfect!! Spring is very shy here this year, but our last snowfall was April 17 and I am hoping there will be no more until at least November!!

I can hardly wait to see blooming peonies!!

Blessings!
Deborah

Followers