Thursday, May 12, 2011

Rain and Snug Thoughts


It's raining! It's pouring! The old man is snoring!
Oh, I'd love to stay home today and watch the rain, all snug as a bug in my house or this cabin. Wouldn't you?

As long as we're snuggled in a cabin, it would be lovely to have my grandchildren all snoozing in one of the soft beds.


Then, I'd love to have a few friends stop by for a cup of tea and a chat.




Speaking of snug . . . have you ever knit a nest?



Thank you, great big God for all the sweet delights you bless me with!



Oh! We interrupt this image ramble to say, "Thank you for the apron pep talks, one and all! All your kind and encouraging words of sewing wisdom will be sewn into THE APRON! Guess who gets the visit from the postman? Well, it was so hard to decide because all the comments were so personal, well thought out, and deeply loving! Thank you, again! The apron queen is Tina from The Quiet Home! She did have a bit of a head start because she posts about aprons sometimes and has a lot of apron background knowledge. Sorry, that sounds very teacher-y. Tina, email me your address and as soon as I can get your surprise parcel all wrapped up and into the hands of the jolly postman, you'll be receiving a goody!


And all the rest of you will be getting a horse. I post this image a lot. Jane Dyer draws magic and sunshine. I love this little girl's clothes. I thought it might cheer you. It always cheers me!





I have a candle lit this morning. When I lit the match and smelled that "fire in the cabin fireplace smell" I experienced that "all is well with my soul" sort of feeling and that's what I pray for today, FOR YOU!





It's a great day! It's a day for my smiley face umbrella! Thank you, God, for RAIN! xoxoxo




14 comments:

M.K. said...

Thank you for the picture of Queenie and her crazy old husband -- I miss Lark Rise!! What a fun story. We had rain here, night before last. I reached over to turn off my bedside light, and the instant I did, thunder rumbled, and I heard the uncertain pitter of the first drops. It was good sleeping! I love the rain.

Leslie said...

It has been raining here, too. We need it, but we REALLY need it south of here. Texas is in a severe drought, but I live in the least affected area.

Have a blessed day!

melanie said...

I love snug days at home, when the rain is lashing against the window panes, and the fire is lit, the lamps are burning, and I have my crochet and cuppa tea by my side, and LRTC on the telly, absolutely perfect! :) xxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! A snail-mail surprise for me?? Thank you so much PP!!

Loved this post, and the pic of Queenie and Twister. I'd love to live next door to her! :)

Dashing off to email you now! :)

Hugs, xxxx

GretchenJoanna said...

That little cabin picture....I think I can smell the damp leaves.

Elderberry-Rob said...

A nice cheery post - looking forward to seeing your apron. I like that burnt smell too. I am feeling pleased, I agreed a shift swap to help a colleague out and where she covered my shifts in return I ended up with four days off in a row at half term - it will feel like a mini holiday! My little smiley soul is feeling blessed today. Bettyx

The dB family said...

It's raining here now too. Spring is so late that the farmers are having a difficult time getting the crops in. They really don't want more rain right now, but some of them are so ambitious that they have been on the fields till the wee hours of the morning and then rain forced them to stop. I do enjoy a good rainfall -- even if it holds up our farmers yet again.

Blessings!
Deborah

Anonymous said...

Hello my love!! How are you doing?? Hope you are well.. Lovely to see the new look on your blog..

You are so so lucky.. that you have rains.. Us here in Dubai.. and already heading towards summer.. :-(

Pom Pom said...

Sorry everyone! Blogger was out of order yesterday and this post disappeared and then when it came back, the comments were all gone. I read your comments though and I so appreciate them!

Kerri said...

The little knitted nest is the best!

debbie bailey said...

Are those real birds in that nest? Sure looks like it. So cute! Thanks for the consolation prize. My daughter will love it. You know she's a horse nut! I'd love to have that little cabin in my woods. It's probably for the best that I don't. I'd stay there and not get my housework done. Good weekend to you, Pom Pom!

Gigi said...

Love the cheery images Pom, and especially the Jane Dyer - love the flowers in the horse's mane and his stripey scarf - and isn't she giving him cookies? Love that!
And about sewing -- I actually bought 5 of the 10 patterned fabrics I need to start my quilt yesterday - only after carrying the pattern around in my car for about a year now ;). Have you got your apron fabric picked out? Can't wait to see it!

Blessings,
GG

no spring chicken said...

You give me a horse and pray for me an "all is well with my soul" sort of feeling. You are a good, good person! And I pray for you those grandbabies all in one soft bed in a cozy little cabin on a rainy day for you!!

Blessings, Debbie

Shey said...

PomPom, I love that name, what a wonderful post, I'm so thankful to God for this wonderful rainy weather, I love the rain, plus we really needed it with so many fires going on and sadly so many homes burned. So Thank God for rain and for pretty umbrellas like yours to keep us dry. =D

Followers