Friday, December 22, 2017

Pre Christmas Doings

 Well, hello and Merry Christmas, sweet blog reading friends! I have been away from my computer and using my phone and iPad for blog reading and sometimes the comments I leave do not go through.  So sorry.  I just don't pull my laptop out of it's calico sleeve as often because I have been knitting. 



I have also been cuddling with this sweet boy.  When the grands are here, he gets his nose out of joint.  "I'm the kid around here!"

I've been sewing a little (cutting out a dress and a pair of pants).  I am going to use the fat quarters to make bias tape. 
 Oh, another cuddle. 
 We visited our Ft. Collins kids and we loved seeing their cute decorated house. 
 Their church hymn sing was so fun.  April made lots of cookies.  YUMMY! (I couldn't get that night's photos to load completely. Wah.)

Finally Kelli's pool is finished.  We have had a warm December so she had friends over to swim (brrrrrr!) before they closed it this week.  It took forever from start to finish.




 Last Sunday we had Advent at their house.  It was fun! 



 I had lunch with a sweet Christian sister that was a highlight of my Christmas build up and then I enjoyed a visit with another sweet friend last week.  We painted Santas.  She had everything all ready.  We had such a lovely and peaceful time together.  I love one-on-one time with encouraging people. 






 Lizzy took a photo of her shadow.  A fairy! 

 Kelli and Bryan celebrated their 14th wedding anniversary downtown so the cutie pies stayed with us.  We had a nice pizza dinner with Jeff and Christie (and the super boys) and then we came back here and watched three Santa movies before bed!  


 I got to pick the bookclub book for January and I chose this nonfiction Rumer Godden book.  It was such a beautiful read.



One bookclubber texted me and said she learned a new word from the book.  Great word, huh?
 I made my first ever Shepherd's Pie.  It was scrumptious. 

I hope your Christmas is pure and bright.  Thank you for your reading and if you have a blog that I read, thank you for keeping it good and happy, high-thinking and positive.  I am sick to death of all the "no rules" and "no absolutes" that I see on social media.  I was watching a podcast that I enjoyed and a book was recommended (a Christmas book) and I bought the ebook and started reading it. It was so full of lies and twisting of the real TRUTH that burst into Bethlehem and changed our lives.  Well, I decided no more.  I'm not reading or viewing darkness.  It's not for me and I can't abide it.  Rant over.
Instead, I look to candlelight that reminds me of THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD and prayers with my husband who seeks Jesus with a passion that constantly inspires me.  I want to cherish our kids, their spouses, the grands with all the Jesus love I can.
I'm off to pray with the serene and real ladies that gather at the retreat house today.  I can't wait.
God be with you, dear ones. 



19 comments:

elizabeth said...

That which gives peace and points to Christ is always the best reading! Merry Christmas dear friend! ♡♡♡

Kit said...

Such a wonderful post! I love seeing all your family and pretty decorations. I am with you, I only want positive and up lifting and joy! Have a lovely Christmas! :) Kit

Gumbo Lily said...

Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the light. It doesn't get any simpler than that. Wishing you great love and peace with your family this Christmas. Thank YOU for always sharing the Jesus-love you have inside. Your light shines!

Lisa Richards said...

I'm with you! There is so much twisting of the truth going on. I think the onslaught is meant to demoralize and shut Christians up. Keep on shining the Light! I think we can do that without joining in the nastiness. The Holy Spirit will show us how. You're blessed to have your wonderful husband and the ladies at the retreat as prayer partners! May God greatly bless your Christmas!

Elizabethd said...

Shepherds pie is such a comfort food in our house!
Have a wonderfully blessed Christmas.

ellen b. said...

Our Christmas letter ended with a new word to me as a warning to our friends and family to not be deceived by something that parades as truth but isn't. Specious: 1. apparently good or right though lacking real merit; superficially plausible but actually wrong. Having deceptive attraction or allure. Seeming to be right or true but really wrong or false.

You've had good days filled with good things. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours and God be with you and yours!

Granny Marigold said...

Once more I loved seeing all the lovely photos you posted. I think you must be all ready for Christmas as I am and just waiting...
I hope your Christmas is happy and cozy and blessed.

happyone said...

I really like the painted Santa's.
So many lovely pictures. I know I say it many times but it is such a pleasure to stop by here.
A happy Christmas and healthy New Year to you and all your wonderful family and God Bless you all.

Julia said...

Dear Pompom. Thanks you for sharing your faith so freely. Wishing you and your family a Joyous Christmas filled with Love, Joy, Peace and Good Will.
Hugs, Julia

Elderberry-Rob said...

Blessings to you and your family, Karen. I spent time with an ex-church friend this week and felt spiritual in her presence/home, I have had some lovely time with friends and preparing for Christmas and now look forward to family time, I feel very blessed. Thank you for your friendship across the miles and for being such a lovely blogger. Betty x

Jeanie said...

I do love everything in this post -- cute cats, wonderful crafts, adorable kids, music and loaded with the joy of Christmas. Oh, what pleasure to stop by and see such love and joy in your photos.

Wishing you a very merry Christmas!

M.K. said...

What a sweet and lovely post! Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family, Pom. We are to be the light of the world, giving out hope and grace to all, calling all to the kingdom. Esp. this time of year, people are willing to listen! I love your knitting and your kitty, and those Santas are so pretty - I'd love to make some of those sometime.
May your Christmas be full of wonder and beauty and great peace.

Lowcarb team member said...

A wonderful post, such a lovely read and your pictures too. What joy.
Wishing you and yours a merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.

All the best Jan

Kim said...

Gorgeous post filled with beautiful Christmas thoughts and inspiration. May you and all your beautiful family friends enjoy the most blessed of Christmases. I look forward to soaking up more of your beauty next year, sweet Pom Pom.

Farm Girl said...

Happy Christmas Eve!! I love your lovely ideas and how you choose to live. I need to find that book by sweet Rumer. I love her books. I wish I was in a book club with you and you picked books for me. :) The kids look like they are having a great time. I face timed with mine a little this morning. Mama let them open some of the gifts I sent. It makes me happy to see their happy faces.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I will have Ron film me doing a punch needle and send it to you maybe on the 26th :) I am making pies and rolls and finishing up the baskets of home made goodies I made the kids. Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas my friend. Hugs and more hugs from me to you. Your weather said 1 this morning when I checked. Wow that is cold. :)

Henny Penny said...

Oh Pom Pom you have the most adorable pictures! Wish I could knit! I really do. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas, and a Happy New Year.
Love, Henny

NanaDiana said...

I am right there with you, Karen. I don't read things that twist the truth anymore (unless it is a good mystery book)...and I am sick to death of all the sex in books that would be just as great of a story without all the sex. Anyway, ranting over here, too.

Love all the pictures of the kiddos and the kitty and your projects. Life is good!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your dear family- xo Diana

Fat Dormouse said...

Lovely to read about your pre-Christmas doings - even if I'm reading them post-Christmas!! I hope you had a lovely time. Wishing you blessings in 2018.

PS When are you coming to France to visit me? :-)

Attic Clutter said...

Oh darling all of it Pom
Sure looks like fun..
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
Hugs..patty

Followers