Monday, May 4, 2009

Ordinary Men and Women


When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.
Acts 4:13
The voices around us tell us that we DON'T want to be ordinary, don't they? Jesus chose ordinary men and women. They didn't have snazzy resumes or positions of power. They weren't the "smarty pants" of society, scholars who had all the thinking done and therefore had the ability to impress others with their original thoughts. No, they were ordinary. I know I don't usually respond well to being overlooked. It hurts my feelings. I feel diminished. I think I'm really missing it in my many moments of obscurity. The path is narrow and FEW will find it. Lord, again - have mercy on me a sinner. Help me embrace ordinary. Help me see the ordinary instead of the flash. Open my eyes and draw me to those who have been with YOU.

No comments:

Followers