Thursday, July 16, 2009

Here's a SMILE



Hello, Cutie! I found this slap bracelet at a deluxe garden center last year. Isn't she a sweet little "hi"?



Speaking of nice things friends do: Last year on my birthday, my sweet friend Reve came over early to wish me a happy day and on her way she stuck this cute lovey hello on our garage window! So, when I drove in and out, there it was. She is one that knows how to spread love and she is always thoughtful. She's a ray of sunshine! I have this on the white board in the kitchen. It makes me smile.



Here's sweet Bill, up early on his first day home, hanging up his laundry. He's super-packer and carries his backpack all over the world. We had coffee on the patio when it was still cool this morning. I'm so thankful that he's back. I missed him.



Because we had so much snow and rain in the spring, my day lilies are going to town! Isn't this one delicate? I'm going to cut some for the table. Bill's having a few friends over to plan and pray in the morning.



If you look very closely, you can see two yellow squash beginning their growth in the back garden! Yahoo!



The hollyhocks are stretching toward the sky!



As you can see, I'm not a neat and tidy shopper. Kelli and I are going to Weight Watchers on Saturday. It'll be fun to go together. So, that's why the Smart Ones are included in the buggy. There are a few ingredients for family meals, too. Anyway, I know it's better to eat "unboxed" food, so the Smart Ones will have to go, the white hamburger buns are nixed, and of course the English cucumber and strawberries can stay. What do you buy at the market? What aisle is your favorite?

Thank you for stopping by today. We went to a late movie last night, so I'm tired and fuzzy brained. But, I'm thinking of you and wishing you love and light. I'm so grateful for your passion for others and how each person that reads PPP, loves. YOU are good.

6 comments:

The dB family said...

I love all your photos and comments. We have two zucchini squash growing bigger everyday in our garden too!

Blessings!

Deborah

Elizabethd said...

If you turn your back on a zucchini for 5 mins..it has grown into a marrow! I have one plant only and I'm picking every day.

Pom Pom said...

Should I be worried about the zucchini? I read somewhere that in a small town in the USA people lock their cars because if they don't, people will fill them with their over abundance of zucchini! I may have to give them to students when school starts!

Marcie said...

I just snuck over to say thank you for tucking that beautiful haiku into my comments. It was lovely. :)

åslaug abigail said...

Oh! My squash looks JUST like that =) I've been worried about him/her/whatever it is(probably an it, but he's like part of the family, so it's a he anyway =)I thought he was going to die, but somehow he's still alive. My aunt told me that I'd need to arrange a blind date for the male and female flowers. How do you know if the flowers are male or female(do you even say it like that in English?)

I like your blog, it's a really cozy place to visit, all the time =)

Bradley W. Maston said...

Wonderful pictures. My favourite aisle is the free cookie aisle. I am too old to get the free cookie myself. But there is nothing more fun then letting Cadence choose her very own free cookie. Great stuff.

Followers