Thursday, October 29, 2009

Last Day


I'll miss these views of the blue sky, blue water.




I'm completely relaxed - all fueled up for a snow covered home, papers to grade, a birthday celebration for Jenny and ultimately the three week school run until Thanksgiving arrives. Little Miss Samantha Rose will be arriving around the same time! JOY!

My friend Tom, a fellow eighth grade teacher from my school, went to dinner with us last night. All Jeff's friends came down and we dined at the Italian restaurant that Jeff worked at his freshman year at UH. They are all so sweet and we had a delicious meal together. Tom brought me a lei! Isn't it gorgeous! Tom's staying until Saturday, so he's just beginning HIS Hawaiian fun!

The park by the zoo

Teddy's: a yummy burger lunch!







Dinner at Shorebird's. That's my delicious fish in the foil!





Kelli sent me this picture of her neighborhood at home. She took this early in the day, but the airport is out of operation a bit, so it's good that we are flying through the night. The sun is expected in Denver on Saturday. I am filled with thankfulness for such a beautiful five days in this tropical paradise. We'll go back to the beach this morning, soak up some golden sun, float one more time in the salty, blue water, eat lunch, take another nap, stow our bags and grab a quick dinner, catch a cab to the airport and go home. Thank you so much for joining me and leaving such happy, generous comments. I have loved sharing this with you!
Aloha!

10 comments:

Marcie said...

What a beautiful retreat you've had. Enjoy every last minute! When I saw the news about snowfall in Colorado, I thought of you in warm sunny Hawaii! :)

...Nina Nixon... said...

Such a fabulous place to go for a brake and all that snow 'wow!'

SuKnitWitty said...

From Paradise to Parkas!
From Sand to Snow!
From Palms to Plows!
From OneExtreme to Another!

I guess you'll adjust, huh?

HulaKaBoola Gal!

Baley Petersen said...

It makes me wanna go back! I was in Hawaii in May, and your beautiful pictures remind of the warm air, warm water, and the beautiful vegetation.

SusanB-knits said...

Glad you had a good time and are relaxed.

Yes, we'll be doing the gramma's dance together! what fun!!

Pom Pom said...

We're home and Bill's been clearing the driveway for hours. I rejected Angela's comment by mistake. I'm sorry, Angela. This old granny has jet lag and can't see her phone!
I'm a little tired - but I'll recover! Miss Bug is upstairs fussing. It's time for her bottle. Birdie modeled her pink butterfly Halloween costume. Jenny and Kelli are here to visit. It's good to be home! More later!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Oh wow! You are having a whale of a time! Sunshine and pineapples followed by snowball fights and cosy log fires. I love both! You are making me feel like I need a vacation. I don't really, of course, life is one long holiday! but I am yearning for "something". I don't know what. Change of routine or maybe palm trees and pineapples! You take care, have a safe flight and enjoy all that SNOW!!!!!

Byeeeeeeeee
Love
Carolyn xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh...such fun and beauty to enjoy! Glad to hear you've made it home safely!

Blessings,
Sharon

The dB family said...

Eeek! Hard to believe that in less than 24 hours you went from sun and sand to snow! So glad you had a wonderful five days of rest and relaxation!

Blessings!
Deborah

libbyquilter said...

oh my~!~ i had heard that it snowed quite a bit in Colorado but hadn't seen any photos of said snow~!~ are you sure you're glad to be home~!?!

:)
libbyQ

Followers