Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Can I Have a Chuckle or Two?


I put my clown shoes on (oh, and my petticoat) this morning because I read LibbyQ's blog and she made a postcard that says, "Laughter Ever After" which led me to crave a few laughs today. See how scuffed up my clown shoes are? It's been over a decade since I graduated from clown college. It was fun in a carnival-y sort of way. I broke my arm rollerblading (do not be impressed, I was simply going down my neighbor's driveway, had an oops and broke my arm to save my tailbone) so I couldn't learn to juggle or make balloon animals. My clown tricks are minimal. But, anyway it WAS fun going to birthday parties even though it bugged me when the parents stood around waiting to laugh, because I only felt capable of making children laugh due to my limited clown tool kit. Anyway, today I want to laugh so I'm going to play that game with the students that one of my baby sitters taught me when I was a kid. The game is called Poor Pussy, so I can't tell eighth graders THAT but I'm going to challenge them to make me laugh before we go on our bi-weekly jaunt downstairs to the library. I'll let you know how it goes. Poor Pussy was simple: One person says, "Poor Pussy" over and over again to see how long the other person can go without laughing. Remembering this is making me laugh. Yahoo!

Gnomes are funny. Bill dressed up like a gnome almost thirty years ago in order to entertain some teenagers. He was such a cute gnome.


Kelli's funny. She is especially good about laughing at my attempts at humor.


Finn thinks everything around him is funny.

Sam was less than a week old and something she was thinking made HER laugh!

Miss Bug cracks up on a regular basis!


Here is a poetic picture of Pom Pom's wig and nose.

Birdie laughs a lot!

She said something funny last night. I gave her my little nativity people to play with and I must admit I had some worried old lady feelings because she kept flinging them around - taking some upstairs and saying one was scary. I am not at my best after dinner (so pooped from school) so I found myself a bit obsessive about my little friends and the possibility of losing one. We asked Birdie where they were and she dead panned, "They're lost."
After they packed up and went home, I had found all but the scary one. I must admit I woke up thinking about him. Bill found him this morning. Now, I'm laughing a little free-er about Birdie's "They're lost." But, I AM hiding them now. They are MINE, you know.
Are you going to laugh today? What will make you "ho ho ho"? Please tell me. I'll let you know if today holds the giggles I'm hoping for!

11 comments:

The dB family said...

Reading your post made me chuckle. I love all the beautiful smiles (laughter) in the photos! Here is a comment from Squirt this morning that made me laugh. Her brother was not up yet, so she said to me, "Mom, Bub is sleeping in because he is turning into a teenager!" She doesn't know how right she is with that statement!

I hope you have a wonderful day filled with laughter!!

Blessings!
Deborah

Scrappy quilter said...

Living in our house, there isn't a day we don't have laughter. Your post brought a chuckle to me has well. Hope your day is filled with laughter and a whole lot of fun.

Gigi said...

Lovely lovely laughter. What would we do without it?!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Happy thoughts Pom Pom x

Heart Felt said...

What beautiful happy faces....love the shoes! xx

Gumbo Lily said...

I would love to see you all dressed in your clown outfit from head to foot....that would make me laugh! The shoes are terrific!
I'm loving those smiling faces of children.

Blessings,
Jody

Lisa Richards said...

I DO LOVE your clown shoes. You take me back to my late teens when I went through my own clown phase. I remember getting instruction from a clown on creating my own distinctive clown face and creating a costume. I have a picture SOMEWHERE. I'm not sure I ever did anything as a clown. My memory is foggy...but I did enjoy that excursion.

Laughter is the best medicine!

debbie bailey said...

I woke up this morning with the throw-ups so don't know how much laughing I'll be doing today. I DID smile at your shoes though. Does that count?

Sara Padrusch said...

You must post a complete picture of you in your clown suit! Think of it as a Christmas present for your readers!

xoxo

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Thanks for making me laugh this evening. Love the clown shoes. Can I borrow them sometime.
Take care
Maggie

Kerri said...

I LOVE that you went to clown school! How fantastic! Great shoes too! You're grandchildren are all so beautiful. If it helps any, I'm not my best after dinner either! My nephews and niece came around yesterday and one of them threw my oldest most loved monkey who I've had since I was 4 years old and I must say I was not amused! I hope you have a delightful Christmas x x

Followers