Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Warm and Cozy, Fat and Happy

 Here is a cup of tea waiting for you.  Darjeeling.  Do you like it?  
 You can sit next to this fairy. 

 I have thousands of photos and they are all my favorites.  Miss Bug made a cute ballerina a few years ago.  
 I found this photo of the Washington woods in June.  So green and juicy, right? June WILL come again.
The sky is SO blue today.  Sunshine definitely makes everything seem light and cheerful.  I still do not feel like racing around the house, tidying and cleaning surfaces.  I was out and about this morning.  Birdie, Miss Bug, Kelli and I went to the bookstore.  The girls loved it.  We used to take our kids to the bookstore just for fun.  What if bookstores go the way of the Dodo?  What will we do?  I did not buy myself any books.  Shocker! We enjoyed a beverage at the adjoining Starbucks.  Long ago, before I was a school teacher, I worked at that very same Starbucks.  Hated it.  I LOVED drinking iced passionfruit tea with girls I love today.  We drove through the drive-thru and bought chicken and then I dropped them off at their house and went to the grocery store.  The most exciting things I bought at the grocery store: bubble bath, Almond Roca (half off!), and chocolate biscuits like the ones Louisa eats when Doc Martin tells her she needs to lose her baby weight.  I also bought meaty things for the guys to eat at a meeting I'll go to tomorrow morning (Bill, too).  I'm going to get up early and make sausage rolls.  Yum. I am going to put bacon wrapped wieners in the crock pot tonight.  Right now the crock pot is full of pea soup and it smells very good.  Kelli's family is coming for dinner tonight and it's soup and bread, veggies, dip, and strawberries.  I also bought the girls shelled pistachios, a treat!
Millie stays while they go to music class.  We cuddle on the sofa (and I try to stay awake). 
Isn't it a wonder that we managed to fit all of the holiday fun into our ordinary days?  How did we have time for that? Ha!
Right now I think I will make a mug of hot chocolate, try a few chocolate biscuits, and wrap up in a down comforter for a wee rest.  It's sunny outside but still January-cold.
I wish YOU some warm and cozy, fat and happy.  (HUGE HUG!)



17 comments:

Julia said...

What cute girl photos. Ballerina and angel around your house is most perfect...

It sounds like a pampered day and I love Darjeeling tea.
The days are already slowly getting longer.
Hugs,
JB

Granny Marigold said...

You get so much done in a day!! No wonder you're ready for some hot chocolate, some biscuits and a bit of a sit down. BTW I would love to come for tea and sit by your sweet little fairy. I think we'd get along very well, she and I.

Kezzie said...

Lovely to hear your news dearest! Thanks for the tea!xx

Farm Girl said...

I always love seeing the things going on at your house, like ballerinas and fairy wings.
Also the tea would be nice.
It has rained here all day, I bet it will bring snow to your house.
Have a lovely evening.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I think you are right -- why do we wait for the holidays to have all the fun -- couldn't everyday be full of that same kind of fun? I think I am going to work on that!

Debi said...

It has been bitter cold here for the past few days. We've been pretty much hunkered down under fleece blankets watching TV, listening to music, knitting and reading. I haven't made pea soup in a long time... sounds good. Stay warm and thanks for the huge hug... sending one back to you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day.

Your post made me crave some tea of my own. For me it is Pumpkin Spice tea tonight. :-)

Lisa said...

The light is hanging on a little longer each day, and before we know it, the cosmos and foxglove will be blooming like crazy! Thanks for the tea. :)

Elderberry-Rob said...

I would have enjoyed your trip to the book shop. I like going to Waterstones when I visit Brighton because this branch is an old building has lots of floors with winding stairs and little window seats and quiet spots they have picked out to encourage you to linger - I sometimes forget to leave and read a lot of a book and then put it back - a bit like the library but not! You can never leave Waterstones without buying a book, their displays are equivalent to cakes in a tea shop - delicious and tempting. Betty x

Henny Penny said...

Good gracious! Your post made me smile and feel all warm and cozy. How do you fit so many good things into a day! You make me want to enjoy life more.

karen said...

I dread thinking of bookstores disappearing!! I was recently at B and N and didn't buy anything either, I get like that in January, all spent out on spending.

Gumbo Lily said...

Cozy and comfy with tea and biscuits sounds very inviting. Not to mention those cuddly kids. Enjoy hunkering down this cold January.
HUGS back to you!

happyone said...

We have the beautiful blue sky here today.
I'll be right over for that tea. : )
Cute pictures.

ellen b. said...

Ha! I'll work on attaching the happy to the fat! We had beautiful blue skies today, too. I had to get out and about to enjoy it. Your little fairies and ballerinas are so so cute. We just finished watching season 7 of Doc Martin...so much fun. I caved and bought it at Costco. I think you should get the grammie of the year award!

Lisa Richards said...

Oh my, you're making me HUNGRY! Think I'll have a nice snack before bed. :)

Maggie said...

I'd love to pop over and have a a cup of tea with you! Love the embroidered tablecloth. X

M.K. said...

Your eating sounds so healthy in January, Pom! You've mentioned that split pea soup several times. It is so good. January is for good reading, yes? I'm reading Goudge, and trying hard not to dip into my Susan Branch yet ... but I failed :)

Followers